- Uthman (RA) was known as Ghani (Generous) because of his philanthropy. His reign lasted around 12 years.
- Uthman Ibn Affan was seven years younger than Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). He belonged to Banu Umayya clan of the Quraysh tribe.
- Abu Bakar (RA) converted and introduced Uthman (RA) to Islam.
- Uthman (RA) married Ruqayah, Muhammad’s (PBUH) daughter (RA). Ruqayah (RA) was previously married to Abu Lahab’s son Otaiba. After Ruqayah (RA) died, Our Beloved Prophet S.A.W.S. granted Uthman another daughter (RA). Zun-Noorain was his title because of this.
Read Also: Why are Arabs so Powerless?
- Uthman (RA) was among very few people who were able to read and write at that time.
- Pledge of tree (Bait-e-Rizwan): In 6 hijra The Holy Prophet (PBUH) took a commitment from Muslims to battle until death to avenge Usman’s murder (RA) after fake news of his murder aroused. This incident is also mentioned in Holy Quran.
- In his reign as a caliph he consolidated Islmaic empire , conquered new lands , built first navy of Islam and Standardized Holy-Quran (Jame-ul-Quran).
- On Fridays, It was Uthman (RA)’s routine to buy Slaves and then set them free.
- His rule lasted 12 years; the first six years were calm, but the next six years were fraught with violence due to inheritance issues.
- On 18 Zul Hijjah, 35 AH, he was martyred by rebels while he was reciting the Quran in his house. He was 84 years old at the time.